Muhammad Hassan presented his credentials to the President of Malta Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca at The Palace, in Valletta.
During the ceremony, the President of Malta and the High Commissioner discussed bilateral relations.
Muhammad Hassan is a career diplomat and was born in 1963 in Baltistan, Pakistan. He joined Foreign Service of Pakistan in 1990. During his diplomatic career, he has held a number of important assignments at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and its missions abroad.
Prior to his ambassadorial assignment in Tunisia in August 2018, he has served as Joint Secretary (Foreign and social Affairs) at the Prime Minister’s Office, Director General (China &SCO) and Director General (East Asia & Pacific) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Islamabad (2015- 2018).
He has also served at the Headquarters as Director (Minister of State’s Office), Director (SAARC) and Deputy Chief of Protocol during his earlier assignments (2007-2009). During early years of his career, he has served as Desk Officer (China & Indo China) and Desk Officer (Central Asian Republics) during 1992-94, and Desk Officer (Economic Coordination and Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) during 1998-2000 at the Ministry.
He has also served in the following Pakistan missions abroad :-
- Minister (Political) in Embassy of Pakistan, Washington D.C. (2011- 2015).
- Minister/Deputy Chief of Mission at Embassy of Pakistan, Beijing (2009- 2011).
- Counsellor (Political) at Embassy of Pakistan, Abu Dhabi (2004- 2006)
- First Secretary at Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the United Nations, New York (2001-2004).
- Third/Second Secretary in Embassy of Pakistan, Tehran from 1995-1998.
High Commissioner Hassan holds University Degree in Pakistan Studies, and speaks English, Farsi, Urdu and Balti.
He is married to Mrs. Ruqia Hassan and has three daughters and two sons.